1 serving = 81 g (125 mL)
- High in potassium (378 mg per serving)
- Source of Vitamin C (15% Recommended Daily Intake per serving)
- Source of Vitamin B6 (11% Recommended Daily Intake per serving)
- Source of folacin (10% Recommended Daily Intake per serving)
- Sodium-free (4 mg per serving)
- Fat-free (0.2 g per serving)
Firm, heavy plantains. The skin may be green, yellow or black depending on its ripeness. When ripe, they have brown skin, dark spots and rough areas.
Refrigerate for a few days when very ripe and soft. If unripe, store uncovered in a dark cool area.
Wash and leave skins for baking. Peel and slice for sauting and mashing.← Back to Fruits From A-Z