Broadbeans (Fava Beans)
1 serving = 80g (125 mL)
- High in Vitamin C (32% Recommended Daily Intake per serving)
- High in folacin (25% Recommended Daily Intake per serving)
- Source of iron (8% Recommended Daily Intake per serving)
- Source of phosphorus (5% Recommended Daily Intake per serving)
- Source of fibre (2 g per serving)
- Fat-free (0.4 mg per serving)
The pods will look a little like giant green beans, long and plump, varying slightly in length, with some bronzing on the outside of the pod. The pods should be heavy, with just a hint of the rounded beans inside.
Place them in a plastic bag in the crisper section of the refrigerator right away. The pods will keep for five to seven days in the refrigerator.
Fava beans should be podded. Put the beans in a pan, cover with boiling water, return to the boil and cook for 3-5 minutes. Then drain, empty into cold water, slit each pod along its seam and run your thumb along the furry inside to push the beans out.← Back to Veggies From A-Z