It’s the first day of spring and we thought we’d celebrate with some bright and easy salads! Salads are great for picnics, a quick lunch, a healthy dinner or when you’re feeling like fresh, crunchy, veggies. We like to make our salads as colourful and filling as possible – a great way to fill Half Your Plate at lunch or dinner. Why don’t you celebrate the first day of spring with these easy 5 ingredient (plus your dressing of choice) salads?
- Cantaloupe and Kale Salad. Nothing gets you in the spring time mood like cantaloupe! Lay it over kale and top with a simple dressing for a quick boost of spring!
- Picnic jar salad. Easy to make ahead and grab for work, this salad layers black beans, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper and strawberries over spinach for a delicious and nutritious lunch on the go.
Need some more ideas? Try any of these combinations;
- Tomatoes, Bocconcini cheese, Fresh Basil, Balsamic Vinegar, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Arugula, Cucumbers, Hard Boiled Egg, Red Onion, Lemon Vinaigrette
- Asparagus, Strawberries, Pine Nuts, Goat Cheese, Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Ground Beef, Romaine Lettuce, Salsa, Grated Cheddar Cheese, Avocado
- Quinoa, Red Peppers, Fresh Mint, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil
Do you have any favourite spring salads? We’d love to hear your suggestions!