Easy How-To: Roasting Asparagus!
Roasting asparagus is oh so easy and brings out delicious flavour!
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Place the asparagus into a mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat the spears, then season! Our dietitian friend of Half Your Plate Zannat Reza has some great suggestions:- a splash of soy (skip the salt)- a pinch of harissa- a dash of sichimi togarashi (Japanese spice mix)
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender, about 12 to 15 minutes .
- You’ll know they’re done when they look like this:
We love sprinkling a bit of parmesan cheese on too. Roasted asparagus is great on its own but can also be chopped and added into salads for a delicious smoky flavour.
Asparagus is in season now so try it tonight!