Kitchen tips for the new year!
Jan 12, 2016
Ring in 2016 with some great kitchen tips you can master to help fill #halfyourplate and make you a wiz in the kitchen!
- Double your recipe. Some meals double or even triple easily while you cook them which means you have a few more meals out of them. Some can freeze and some you can eat two days in a row. This means you have more time on some following days and you know you’re eating healthy! Here are some of our favourite meals that double easily; Spinach Filled Pumpkin Koftas, Eggplant Sweet Potato Coconut Curry, Quick Roast Pepper and Tomato Hand Pies, Chinese Greens and Mushroom Soup, and Zucchini Ricotta Rolls.
- Swap your pasta for zoodles! If you haven’t yet picked up a spiralizer we highly recommend making this your new years purchase! Making zoodles is a really easy and quick way to make half your plate veggies without adding anything extra. Spiralizers work well with zucchini, sweet potatoes, beets, parsnips, and any other of your favourite veggies! Here’s an easy first zoodles recipe for you to try!
- Cut an onion without crying! Check out some of these great ways to cut an onion without shedding a single tear. [insert diagram]
- Pickle some veggies. Pickled veggies make delicious sides, yummy sandwich toppers and even great gifts for friends and family. Get creative – you can pickle almost any veggies. Think about adding spices to your vinegar when pickle for a fun taste. Here is an easy first pickling recipe: Easy fridge cucumbers.
- Pack your lunch! Make a great new years resolution of packing your lunch at home at least twice a week! You’ll save money and be able to fill your lunch with fruits and veggies. For a couple of starter ideas try Buzzfeed’s 27 Awesome Easy Lunches to Bring to Work.
- Make vinaigrettes at home. If you get the math memorized it will be easy for you to make your favourite dressings at home. Here’s a breakdown of making your vinaigrette.