- 2 tbsp margarine
- 1 large chicken breast skinless, boneless, cubed
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 large onion chopped into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 apples Sunrise or Royal Gala unpeeled, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp hot pepper flakes
- 4 tbsp flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- In a large saucepan, cook chicken in margarine until brown and cooked throughout. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, heat vegetable oil and sauté celery, onion and garlic until soft. Add apples, pepper, chickpeas and spices and cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour in pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add broth. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Serve plain or over rice garnished with yogurt, cilantro and apple wedges.