- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 pkg baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp oregano dried
- 1/2 tsp basil dried
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 4 eggs beaten
- 3 tbsp pizza sauce or pasta sauce
- 2 hamburger buns thin whole grain
- 1/4 cup mozzarella part skim, shredded
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat and add spinach, garlic, oregano, basil and hot pepper flakes; cook stirring for 3 minutes or until wilted.
- Add eggs and cook, stirring for about 3 minutes or until eggs are almost set. Stir in pizza sauce.
- Open hamburger buns onto parchment paper lined baking sheet and top with egg and spinach mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and bake in preheated 400 F (200 C) oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Make ahead: Pop in the oven or microwave to warm through. These are also great to take on the run to the office or school.