- 16 ounces Florida arugula rinsed and drained
- 1 doz Florida strawberries rinsed and sliced
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 2 Florida Oranges peeled and segmented
- 8 ounces Goat Cheese crumbled
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 cups pecans
- 3/4 cups Sugar
- 2 tbsp Butter,
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat a pan on medium heat.
- Add the pecans and toast until fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes. Add butter, sugar, and salt; stir to coat. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl add arugula, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper; toss to combine.
- Plate the dressed arugula and evenly add the citrus and berries around the greens.
- Add the goat cheese and garnish each salad with candied pecans, serve chilled.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Tips & Notes
Recipe contributed by #HalfYourPlate friend Fresh From Florida for the International Year of Fruits and Veggies.