Florida Strawberry and Citrus Salad
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Fresh sliced Florida Strawberries are the star of this simple yet flavorful recipe. The sweetness of the Florida strawberries goes perfectly with the sharpness of the arugula, the saltiness of the goat cheese and the fun crunch of the candied pecans. A simple dressing of olive oil and fresh lemon make this salad versatile, healthy and delicious.
- Preheat a pan on medium heat.
- Add the pecans and toast until fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes. Add butter, sugar, and salt; stir to coat. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl add arugula, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper; toss to combine.
- Plate the dressed arugula and evenly add the citrus and berries around the greens.
- Add the goat cheese and garnish each salad with candied pecans, serve chilled.
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.
Tips & Notes:
Recipe contributed by #HalfYourPlate friend Fresh From Florida for the International Year of Fruits and Veggies.
You might also like...