Florida Strawberry and Sweet Chili Cocktail Meatballs
Cook Time: 40 minutes
These healthy meatballs that are made with lots of added vegetables are simply delicious on their own. We took this recipe to another level of fun and flavor by glazing the meatballs with a sweet-chili sauce, and tossing in fresh sliced Florida strawberries at the end.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine egg, milk, cheese, seasoning blend, and panko. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Let mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, stir mixture again. Add the ground beef and vegetables to the bread crumb mixture. Continue to stir mixture, until everything is uniformly incorporated.
- Preheat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Roll the beef mixture into bite sized balls. Working in batches and making sure not to overcrowd the pan, cook the meatballs in a small amount of vegetable oil. The meatballs need to reach an internal temperature of 165 to be completely done.
- Continue to cook meatballs in sauté pan until they are browned all over and are completely done. Drain any excess fat from the pan and turn the heat to medium low.
- Add the strawberry jam and sweet chili sauce to the cooked meatballs. Stir and simmer the meatballs and sauce until combined and heated throughout.
- Add the fresh strawberries to the meatballs and sauce. Gently stir in fresh strawberries and serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh chopped chives if desired.
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.
Tips & Notes:
Recipe contributed by #HalfYourPlate friend Fresh From Florida for the International Year of Fruits and Veggies.
You might also like...