- 3-4 Scallops any size is fine
- 6-8 Heirloom Carrots you can also use regular orange carrots
- 1/2 Onion
- 1/2 Daikon Radish
- 3 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 3 tsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1 tsp Fresh Dill minced, (optional
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp Buttermilk
- Mix together the sour cream and buttermilk. Set aside.
- Dry the scallops with paper towel.
- Before searing, salt and pepper your scallops. The key is to sear in a hot pan with 1 tbs of olive oil.
- Slice the onion. Peel the carrots and daikon radish then use a mandolin to achieve the shoe string effect if you like or a grater will work well too
- Dress the salad and top with the scallops. Drizzle with the crème fraice.
- Add all ingredients except olive oil.
- Add olive oil last and whisk in slow to emulsify into your dressing.
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Chef Adil Gangji of Big Flavours Catering.