- 1 small bulb Fennel fresh
- 2 cups Cauliflower chopped (or broccoli)
- 1 Red and Green Bell Pepper sliced
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Parsley fresh, chopped
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning divided
- 1/2 tsp Each Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper divided
- 2 boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Water
- 4 cups Cooked Penne Pasta hot
- Grated Parmesan Cheese optional
- Cut fronds from fennel and chop enough feathery tops to make 2 tbsp (30 mL); set aside. Cut the fennel in half, lengthwise and remove core. Slice thinly and place in a large bowl. Add cauliflower, peppers, oil, parsley, 1 tsp (5 mL) of the seasoning and half each of the salt and pepper. Spread onto parchment paper lined baking sheet and roast in preheated 400 F (200 C) oven for about 25 minutes or until tender and golden.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook, chicken, remaining Italian seasoning, garlic and remaining salt and pepper over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add broth; cover and cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Whisk together cornstarch and water; stir into chicken mixture until thickened. Add roasted vegetables and toss to combine. Serve over pasta and sprinkle with cheese if using.
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Emily Richards