- 1 1/2 cups Chocolate Cookie Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil melted
- 3/4 cup Pomegranate Arils/Seeds
- 8 oz 70% Bittersweet Chocolate chopped
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup 35% Whipping Cream
- 3 tbsp Toasted Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 2 tbsp Pomegranate Juice or liqueur
- Whipped Coconut Cream optional
- Pomegranate Arils/Seeds optional
- In bowl combine cookie crumbs and coconut oil until moistened. Pat evenly into bottom and up side of 9-inch (23 cm) tart pan with removable bottom.
- Bake in 350 F (180C) oven for about 10 minutes or until firm. Let cool completely. Sprinkle with pomegranates; set aside.
- Combine chocolate and butter in heatproof bowl.
- In a small saucepan bring cream to boil over medium heat. Immediately pour over chocolate and butter. Let stand for 1 minute. Add coconut and pomegranate juice. Slowly whisk together until chocolate is smooth. Gently pour into prepared tart shell. Refrigerate for about 2 hours or until set.
- Cut tart into wedges and garnish with cream and pomegranate seeds if using, before serving.
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Emily Richards