- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil divided
- 4 Sage Leaves
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 1 clove Garlic peeled
- 1 pint Angel Sweet® Tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- 15 oz Pumpkin Purée
- 1 ball Pizza Dough fresh, homemade or store bought
- 1 cup Gruyère Cheese grated
- 2 Wild Wonders® Peppers julienned
- 1/4 cup Kalamata Olives sliced
- 1 Shallot thinly sliced
- Balsamic glaze for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Heat 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add in the sage leaves and gently fry on both sides, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from the oil and place on a paper-towel lined plate to cool.
- To the oil, add in the onion and sauté until softened, about 4-5 minutes. Add in the garlic clove followed by the Angel Sweet® and Kosher salt. Cook until the tomatoes just start to burst, about 6-7 minutes. Add in the pumpkin purée, stir to combine, and cook until heated through, about 2-3 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat to cool slightly. Once cooled, use an immersion blender to purée the sauce. Set aside.
- Drizzle the remaining 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil onto a baking sheet. Stretch and shape the pizza dough into an oblong shape and place on the greased baking sheet. Top the pizza dough with some of the Angel Sweet®-Pumpkin Sauce followed by the Gruyère cheese, Wild Wonders® Peppers, Kalamata olives, and shallots. Place in the oven and bake until the crust is golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- Top with fried sage leaves and a drizzle of balsamic glaze and serve.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Tips & Notes
Recipe contributed by #HalfYourPlate Friend Sunset