- 3-4 medium red-skinned potatoes, new
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup green pepper chopped
- 1 cup peameal bacon or ham, chopped
- 1 can beans maple style, Heinz
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup green onion finely chopped
- black pepper Cracked to taste
- Pierce the potatoes all over with a fork.
- Cook the potatoes in the microwave on high for about 6 minutes, or until fork tender. Cool for 15 minutes. Cut into 3/4-in (2 cm) cubes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet set over medium-high heat. Add onion, green pepper and peameal bacon and cook until golden. Stir in potatoes and cook until lightly browned. Stir in the beans and heat until bubbling, stirring often. Reduce the heat to low. Use a spoon to make six hollows in the bean and potato mixture.
- Crack an egg into each hollow. Cover the pan tightly with a lid and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until eggs are cooked to preferred doneness.
- Sprinkle with onion.
- Serve immediately.