1 serving = 70 g (125 mL, 1/2 cup)
- Source of Vitamin C (9% Recommended Daily Intake per serving)
- Source of manganese (7% Recommended Daily Intake per serving)
- Source of zinc (6% Recommended Daily Intake per serving)
- Sodium-free (1 mg per serving)
- Fat-free (0.1 g per serving)
Firm, pear shaped unblemished chayotes. Skin colour varies from cream to apple green. Crisp pale flesh with apple/cucumber flavour
Refrigerate unwashed, covered for up to one week.
Wash and cut in halves or quarters. Steam, bake, boil, fry or eat raw. Cooked seed is edible. Use in soups, salads and main dishes.
*Chayote is actually a fruit, but it is consumed as a veggie.← Back to Veggies From A-Z