Topped with cheese and roasted in the oven, these make a delicious, quick appetizer.
- ¼ cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- ¼ red onion, diced
- ½ cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 mini peppers, sliced lengthwise and seeded
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix first nine ingredients together and set aside. Slice peppers in half lengthwise and stuff each one with about a tablespoon of salad. Place on a baking sheet and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until quinoa is warmed through and cheese is bubbly. Serves 6-8.
Follow us on
Video made possible thanks to