Nothing is better than a tasty afternoon snack, and even when pressed for time you can make some great choices using what’s already in your kitchen. Peanut butter or any other nut butter (almond, cashew, etc.) goes great with all kinds of produce and makes the perfect Half Your Plate snack. Here are some great ideas that will satisfy that rumbling stomach (sweet or savoury!) that you can feel great about.
- Half a whole wheat bagel toasted with peanut butter and slices of bananas.
- Slices of apples, spread with peanut butter and topped with granola.
- Whip up a batch of these peanut butter snack bites with your favourite dates!
- Whip together vanilla Greek yogurt, peanut butter and cinnamon and you’ve got a dip for grapes and pears.
- For a savoury treat, dip your crisp celery sticks in almond butter!
- Feel like a light wrap? Spread some cashew butter on lettuce or collard greens, add some carrot and cucumber slices, and wrap it up!
- Spread some peanut butter on whole wheat pita and line up with mango, coconut and raisins. Roll up and chop up like sushi for a really fun treat.
- Here’s a spin on a classic dip. Peanut butter hummus is great for all your crunchy veggies, from radishes to peppers!
What produce do you pair with nut butter to squash those cravings?