Canada’s Food Guide Recommends
- Eat at least one dark green and one orange vegetable each day.
- Go for dark green vegetables such as broccoli, romaine lettuce, and spinach.
- Go for orange vegetables such as carrots, sweet potatoes, and winter squash.
- Choose vegetables and fruit prepared with little or no added fat, sugar or salt.
- Enjoy vegetables steamed, baked or stir-fried instead of deep fried.
- Have vegetables and fruit more often than juice
For more information go to Canada’s Food Guide
You probably already know fruits and veggies are good for you, but do you know why?
Fruits and Vegetables…
- may help reduce your risk of some types of cancer
- help keep your digestive system regular
- help keep your bones strong
- are generally low in calories and rick in fibre so they can help you maintain a healthy weight
- are full of important nutrients like vitamins A and C, folate and minerals like potassium and magnesium as well as fibre
- are good for everyone!
Fruits and veggies are also super convenient and affordable when you’re equipped with our quick tips and fresh ideas!