Breakfast that tastes like pumpkin pie? Personally, that would put joy to my Fall mornings! Here’s a delicious and different way to start your day.
- 1 ¾ cups of milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice mix*
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup quick cooking oats (instant oats)
- 1 apple, diced
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup pecans
- In a small pot, bring the milk, maple syrup, vanilla and spices to boil.
- Add the oats, pumpkin puree and apples and stir them together until most of the liquid is absorbed (about 3 minutes).
- Pour equal amounts into 2 bowls and garnish with pecans or even roasted pumpkin seeds right before serving.
*If you don’t have pumpkin spice mix you can make it by mixing 2 mL cinnamon, 1 mL dried ginger, 1 mL nutmeg and 1 mL clove.
Written by Marie-Ève Caplette, Registered Dietitian and Half Your Plate Campus ambassador