- 1 tsp Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Warm Water
- 2 1/4 tsp Active Dry Traditional Yeast
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 2 tbsp mint fresh, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour approx.
- Pinch Salt
- 1/2 cup Each Blueberries and Raspberries fresh
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Icing Sugar optional
- In large bowl, dissolve sugar in water and stir in yeast and let stand until frothy, about 5 minutes. Whisk in 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the oil, mint and cinnamon. Stir in 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) of the flour and salt until combined. Turn out onto floured surface and knead with enough of the remaining flour until dough forms. Place in oiled bowl; cover and let rise for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Place in well oiled, 8 inch (2 L) round baking pan. Gently press berries into dough. Cover and let rise for about 1 hour or until doubled. Drizzle with maple syrup.
- Bake in 400 F (200 C) oven for about 20 minutes or until golden and brown. Let cool slightly before slicing and sprinkle with icing sugar if desired.
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Emily Richards