- 2 1/2 lb Yellow Potatoes BCFresh or other, skin on, scrubbed
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 8 oz Smoked Salmon sliced (about 16 small slices)
- 1/2 cup Arugula
- In large saucepan, place potatoes with enough water to cover; season generously with salt. Bring to boil; cook for 12 to 15 minutes or just until fork-tender. Drain well; let cool completely. Peel potatoes; shred, using a box grater. Season with salt and pepper.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat one-quarter of the oil over medium heat; add 1/3 cup (75 mL) portions of potatoes to skillet, pressing down gently with spatula to flatten. Cook for 4 or 5 minutes per side or until golden brown, tender and heated through. Repeat with remaining potato mixture, adding more oil to skillet as needed.
- Serve with slice of smoked salmon, dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of arugula.
Tips & Notes
Rösti can be made ahead and reheated in 350°F (180°C) oven until warmed through. Recipe submitted by Half Your Plate Industry Partner BCFresh