- 4 medium Potatoes skin peeled and diced
- 1 Onion chopped
- 3 Bell Peppers whole
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp Chili Peppers minced, (optional)
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place whole red peppers on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until the pepper skins begin to wrinkle.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Heat vegetable oil in pot on medium-high heat and add minced garlic and onion. Sauté for 3-4 minutes or until the onions begin to soften. Add 8 cups of vegetable stock, diced potato, and chili peppers.
- Bring to a boil then, lower to medium-low heat and simmer for 35-40 minutes.
- Peel red pepper skin and remove seeds. After the soup has been simmering for 35-40 minutes, add red peppers and continue to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use a hand blender to puree until a smooth and creamy consistency is reached.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Tips & Notes
You can store this soup in a freezer safe container for 4-6 months. Recipe by Half Your Plate RD Eat Right Feel Right