Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
This soup is easy to make, filled with simple and fresh ingredients, and packed with nutrients and flavour. The peppers make this soup a great source of vitamin C, the perfect immunity boost for cold and flu season.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place whole red peppers on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until the pepper skins begin to wrinkle.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Heat vegetable oil in pot on medium-high heat and add minced garlic and onion. Sauté for 3-4 minutes or until the onions begin to soften. Add 8 cups of vegetable stock, diced potato, and chili peppers.
- Bring to a boil then, lower to medium-low heat and simmer for 35-40 minutes.
- Peel red pepper skin and remove seeds. After the soup has been simmering for 35-40 minutes, add red peppers and continue to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use a hand blender to puree until a smooth and creamy consistency is reached.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.
Tips & Notes:
You can store this soup in a freezer safe container for 4-6 months.
Recipe by Half Your Plate RD Eat Right Feel Right
You might also like...