- 2 eggplants Asian or 1 small eggplant
- 2 small zucchini sliced lengthwise
- 1 red pepper quartered
- 1 large carrot sliced lengthwise
- 3 tbsp tomato juice sodium reduced
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar aged or fruit infused
- 1 tbsp basil fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp mint fresh, chopped
- 6 lettuce leaves boston
- Trim top ends of eggplants off and slice eggplants lengthwise into thin slices; place in large shallow dish. Add zucchini, pepper and carrot.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the tomato juice, oil, mustard and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables and toss them to coat.
- Place vegetables on greased grill over medium high heat and grill, turning once or twice for about 10 minutes or until tender. Remove to cutting board and let cool slightly.
- Chop vegetables coarsely and place in bowl. Drizzle with remaining tomato juice, vinegar, basil and mint. Stir gently to combine. Spoon out onto lettuce leaves to serve.