- 2 eggplants Asian or 1 small eggplant
- 2 small zucchini sliced lengthwise
- 1 red pepper quartered
- 1 large carrot sliced lengthwise
- 3 tbsp tomato juice sodium reduced
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar aged or fruit infused
- 1 tbsp basil fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp mint fresh, chopped
- 6 lettuce leaves boston
- Trim top ends of eggplants off and slice eggplants lengthwise into thin slices; place in large shallow dish. Add zucchini, pepper and carrot.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the tomato juice, oil, mustard and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables and toss them to coat.
- Place vegetables on greased grill over medium high heat and grill, turning once or twice for about 10 minutes or until tender. Remove to cutting board and let cool slightly.
- Chop vegetables coarsely and place in bowl. Drizzle with remaining tomato juice, vinegar, basil and mint. Stir gently to combine. Spoon out onto lettuce leaves to serve.
Estimated Cost Per Serving: