- 3 cobs corn fresh and local, approx. 3 cups
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 cup carrots sliced, approx. 3 medium (cut diagonally)
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms sliced, about 3
- 3 green onions chopped (save some green ends for garnish)
- 6 cups chicken broth no salt added
- 2 tbsp soy sauce sodium-reduced
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 eggs beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sriracha optional
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook corn cobs for 5 minutes.
- While corn is boiling, prep your ingredients.
- After corn is boiled, remove and cut kernels off lengthwise, and set aside.
- In large pot or Dutch oven, heat canola oil over medium heat.
- Cook chicken until browned, approx. 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add garlic, carrots, mushrooms and green onions, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, cover pot and bring to boil.
- Dissolve cornstarch into soy sauce. Add to boiling pot, stirring well.
- Add egg mixture while stirring. Eggs cook up into threads.
- Add corn and cook for 2 minutes.
- Adjust salt, pepper to taste.
- Serve in bowls. Garnish with green onion tops. Add a dash of sriracha hot sauce if desired.
Tips & Notes
Developed by Zannat Reza, 2014