- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pkgs (8 oz) Chef's Mix or Saute Blend Mushrooms trimmed and sliced
- 1 Sweet Onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper diced
- 4 cups Baby Spinach chopped
- 2 cups Red or Green Swiss Chard chopped
- 1/2 cup Sundried Tomatoes julienned
- 1/4 tsp Each salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 cup Fresh Breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 cup Mozzarella shredded
- 2 tbsp Fresh Basil chopped
- 1 bag Pizza Dough
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and cook mushrooms, onions, garlic and pepper for about 12 minutes or until softened and liquid is evaporated. Stir in spinach, Swiss chard, sundried tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook until wilted. Remove from heat and stir in breadcrumbs; let cool slightly. Stir in mozzarella and basil.
- Meanwhile, on a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to a 12 x 16 inch (30 x 40 cm) rectangle. Place on a large parchment paper lined baking sheet and reshape. Mound mushroom mixture along centre of dough leaving about 3 inches (7.5 cm) around long edges. Cut diagonal strips about 1 inch (2.5 cm) wide along the sides. Crisscross strips over filling to get a braided look.
- Bake in preheated 400 F (200 C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Mushroom and Spinach Braid
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Emily Richards