- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 2 medium Carrots finely diced
- 1 medium Parsnip finely diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper finely diced
- 1 cup Squash or Rutabaga finely diced
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 227 g Cremini Mushrooms sliced
- 2 cans (398 ml) Chopped Tomatoes with juice
- 1 can (6 oz) Tomato Paste
- 1/4 cup Basil fresh, minced (or 1 tbsp dried)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Zucchini per person, spiralized to find noodles
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- To a large dutch oven, add oil, carrots, parsnip, peppers and squash. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, mushrooms and cook and for 1 minute. Add in tomatoes with juices, tomato paste and basil, bring to a boil. Turn down heat to simmer, cook for 15-20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, if making pasta noodles, prepare to package directions. For Zucchini noodles, use a spiralizer to make fine ribbons or noodles. They can be eating as is, or sauté for one minute in 1 Tsp canola oil just prior to serving.
- Serve ragu over noodle and sprinkle with additional chopped fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Fall Veggie Ragu over Zucchini Noodles
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Eat in Eat Out Magazine.