- 1 Red Onion BCfresh, peeled and chopped
- Juice from two limes
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Red Curry Paste
- 3 cups Acorn Squash cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- Olive Oil
- 128 oz Chickpeas (canned) drained
- 1/2 cup Cilantro chopped
- Sea Salt
- In a small bowl combine the chopped red onion, lime juice and a generous pinch of salt. Stir and set aside.
- In another small bowl whisk the coconut milk and curry paste together. Season with a pinch of salt and set aside.
- Toss the squash with a splash of olive oil, sprinkle with salt and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Separately, in a casserole dish, toss the garbanzo beans (chickpeas) with the coconut-curry milk. Place both the squash and beans in the oven and bake at 375°F for about 15-20 minutes. Toss the squash once after about ten minutes to get browning on multiple sides.
- Remove the beans and squash from the oven. Add about half of the reserved red onions and most of the cilantro to the beans and toss. Taste and add a bit more salt if needed.
- Add the squash and toss very gently to keep squash structure intact. Serve in bowls or on a platter garnished with the remaining red onions and cilantro.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Tips & Notes
To lower saturated fat: use light coconut milk. Recipe from Industry Partner