- 4 Carrots (about 1lb) chopped
- 1 each Red, Yellow and Green Pepper chopped
- 3 tbsp Canola Oil divided
- 1 1/4 tsp Sumac
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 can(19oz) Chickpeas no salt added, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Basil chopped
- 1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Each salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- In a large bowl, combine carrots, red, yellow and green pepper wtih 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the oil, sumac and garlic. Spread onto parchment paper lined baking sheet and roast in 400 F (200 C) oven for about 35 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Scrape roasted vegetables into a large bowl and combine with chickpeas, parsley, basil, remaining oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Tips & Notes
Tip: Can be covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days. You can serve this salad warm or cold. Recipe developed by Emily Richards