- 1/2 head Cauliflower
- 3 cups Pumpkin peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil melted
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro chopped and divided
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp Each Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup Orzo or Other Small Pasta
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds toasted
- 2 tbsp Each Rice Vinegar and Sodium Reduced Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- Break up cauliflower into small florets and place in large bowl. Add pumpkin, coconut oil, 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss to coat well and spread onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Roast in 400 F (200 C) oven for about 25 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Meanwhile, in a pot of boiling salted water; cook orzo for about 6 minutes or until al dente. Drain well and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sesame seeds, vinegar, oil and soy sauce.
- Scrape vegetables into large bowl and add orzo. Drizzle with dressing and add remaining cilantro. Toss well to combine before serving warm.
Tips & Notes
Tip: This can also be served at room temperature or refrigerated for up to 2 days and served with a slight chill. Recipe developed by Emily Richards