- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 leek white and light green parts only, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery finely chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cup green lentils dried
- 2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth no-salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 green zucchini cubed
- 1 yellow zucchini cubed
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, leek, celery and garlic, thyme, salt and pepper, stirring until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add lentils, chicken broth and water; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, adding more water if mixture dries out, until lentils are tender, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini; cover and cook until zucchini is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush salmon with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil on foil-covered baking sheet, 3 inches (8 cm) from heat, until fish flakes easily when tested, about 6 minutes.
- To serve, divide lentil mixture among 4 plates. Divide salmon and serve with lemon wedges.
Estimated Cost Per Serving: