For the Stir Fry
- 2 tbsp Vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 lb Boneless, skinless chicken breast cubed
- 1 cup Broccoli florets
- 1 cup Snap peas or snow peas
- 2 Carrots thinly sliced
- 1 Red Pepper or Green Pepper
- 2 cups Bean Sprouts rinsed well
- 2 Green Onions minced
For the Sauce
- 1/3 cup Low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Low sodium chicken or beef broth
- 1/3 cup Rice wine or rice vinegar
- 3 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Ginger minced
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes or sriracha hot sauce (you can omit if you don't want it spicy!)
For the "rice"
- 1 large head Cauliflower
- 2 tsp Peanut or vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large wok (or non-stick pan), heat 1 tbsp of oil and stir-fry cubed chicken on high heat for approximately 5 minutes, or until a digital thermometer reads 165F.
- Heat remaining oil and stir-fry veggies for 1-2 minutes. Add 1/3 cup water and cover. Let the veggies steam until they are tender but crisp.
- Combine soy sauce, broth, vinegar, sugar, water and oil in a bowl.
- In a small saucepan over high heat fry garlic and ginger in sesame oil until fragrant. Dissolve corn starch in ¼ cup water and set aside.
- Add soy sauce mix to pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add cornstarch mixture.
- Stir until the sauce thickens and add to veggies. Reincorporate chicken and stir fry for another minute or so.
- Slice cauliflower into florets, place a few at a time in a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice. **
- Toss cauliflower rice into a non-stick pan over medium high with two teaspoons of peanut oil or vegetable oil. Stir fry until the rice appears dry and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon stir fry over cauliflower rice.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Simple Stir Fry
% Daily Value*
*5% or less is a little, 15% or more is a lot
Tips & Notes
Corn starch needs to come to a boil before it will thicken. **Check out this great how-to video to help with the process of making the "rice"