- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 cups Chopped Swiss Chard
- 1 Onion chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Broth
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 3 cups Meduim Shell Pasta
- 1/4 cup Grated Asiago Cheese (optional)
- 2 tsp Anchovy Paste
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in Swiss chard, onion, garlic with broth. Cover and simmer for 4 minutes. Uncover and stir in tomatoes, tomato paste and anchovy paste. Let cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes or until tomatoes have softened.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water; cook pasta for about 6 minutes or until tender but firm (al dente). Drain well, reserving 1 cup (250 mL) of the pasta water.
- Toss pasta wtih Swiss chard sauce, adding enough of the reserved water to moisten if necessary. Sprinkle wtih Asiago, if using before serving.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Emily Richards