It’s no surprise that sometimes vegetables lack the appeal to be included in a party meal. However, there are so many delicious ways to get them in! Enjoy these veggie appetizer ideas, simple and healthy!
Grilled Eggplant Canapé with tomato, fresh mozzarella and basil
- 1 small eggplant
- 60 mL of fresh mozzarella
- 6 small tomatoes
- A few fresh basil leaves (or oregano)
- Slice the eggplant into slices 0.5 cm thickness (1/4 inch). Grill the slices on each side in a frying pan with a little bit of cooking oil.
- Thinly slice the fresh mozzarella and the tomatoes.
- Assemble the canapé by starting with the eggplant, then the mozzarella and then the tomato.
- Before serving, heat in the oven at 375F for a few minutes. Take them out, add a bit of basil and pepper.
You can eat the canapé as is or top the stack on a slice of grilled bread.
Here are a few other easy appetizers that only require 5 ingredients.
Butternut squash and goat cheese crostini, from the food charlatan
Potato rosti with smoked salmon from Half your plate
Written by Marie-Ève Caplette, Registered Dietitian and Half Your Plate Campus ambassador