- 2 small Eggplants about 1lb/500 g each, trimmed
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil divided
- 1/4 tsp Each Salt and Pepper
- 1 pkg Halloumi Cheese
- 2/3 cup Black Olive Tapenade
- 2 Tomatoes vine ripened, sliced
- 16 large Basil fresh, leaves
- Aged Balsamic Vinegar optional
- Slice each eggplant crosswise into 12 circles. Toss with 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the oil, salt and pep-per. Place on greased grill over medium high heat and grill for about 10 minutes, turning once until golden and tender. Remove to platter and set aside.
- Slice halloumi crosswise into 12 slices. Toss gently with remaining oil and place on well greased grill about 3 minutes, turning once or until golden and warmed through.
- Place half of the eggplant slices onto 6 plates, spread with some of the tapenade. Top with basil leaf. Place tomato slice and halloumi on top. Spread with remaining tapenade and top with re-maining eggplant slices.
- Chop remaining basil and sprinkle over top. Drizzle with balsamic to serve, if using.
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Emily Richards