- 1 pkg Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cups Cabbage shredded (red or green)
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 small Onion thinly sliced
- 1 stalk Celery thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Fresh Thyme chopped
- 1/4 tsp Hot Pepper Flakes
- 3/4 cup Vegetable Broth
- 3/4 cup 10% Table Cream
- 1 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- In a large pot of boiling salted water; cook pasta for about 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain well and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large deep nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook cabbage, garlic, onion, celery, thyme and hot pepper flakes; stirring for about 10 minutes or until wilted.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vegetable broth, cream, flour and salt. Pour into skillet and bring to a simmer. Stir in pasta and toss to coat well. Sprinkle with cheese and stir to combine before serving.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Tips & Notes
Tip: If you want the cabbage a bit softer, simply cover and cook the mixture together. Recipe developed by Emily Richards