- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large Shallots chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 4 cups Cabbage shredded, or coleslaw mix
- 1 cup Carrot shredded
- 2 tso Dried Oregano Leaves
- 1/4 tsp Each Salt and Pepper
- 1/3 cup Fresh Dill chopped
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Crumbled Feta
- 1/2 cup Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 8 sheets Phyllo
- 1/3 cup Butter melted
- In a large deep skillet or saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook shallots and garlic for 2 minutes or until softened. Stir in cabbage, carrot, oregano, salt and pepper; cover and cook for 5 minutes or until cabbage is wilted. Remove from heat and stir in dill.
- In a large bowl, stir together eggs, feta and Parmesan. Add cabbage mixture and stir to combine well; set aside.
- Brush 13 x 9 inch (3 L) dish with some of the butter. Lay half of 1 sheet of phyllo in dish and brush with butter; fold over remaining half and brush again. Repeat with 3 more sheets of phyllo. Spread cabbage mixture over top. Top with phyllo sheet and brush with butter. Repeat with remaining 4 sheets of phyllo.
- Bake in 350 F (180 C) oven for about 35 minutes or until golden. Let cool for about 15 minutes before cutting to serve.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Cabbage Filled Phyllo
% Daily Value*
*5% or less is a little, 15% or more is a lot
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Emily Richards