- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/3 cup Whole Wheat Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp mint fresh, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 small Pineapple peeled and cored
- 1 large Bell Pepper cut in chunks
- 1/4 cup Sweet Thai Chili Sauce, low sodium
- In a bowl, combine turkey, breadcrumbs, garlic, mint, salt and pepper. Shape into 18 meatballs. Skewers meatballs alternating with pineapple, pepper and onion chunks on 6 soaked or metal skewers.
- Place skewers on greased grill over medium heat and grill for about 8 minutes, turn over and grill 5 minutes until lightly charred and meatballs are no longer pink inside. Brush lightly with Thai chili sauce and grill for 2 minutes.
- Remove to platter and serve with any remaining sauce for dipping.
- Peanut Sauce Option: Substitute peanut sauce for Thai Chili Sauce.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Half Your Plate friend Emily Richards