- 1 Pineapple peeled and cored
- 2 Jalapeno Pepper
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 Lime
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Cilantro chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Slice pineapple crosswise into 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick slices. Brush pineapple and jalapeno peppers with oil. Place on preheated greased grill over medium high heat. Grill, turning once for about 5 minutes or until golden. Remove to cutting board.
- Chop pineapple and place in bowl. Cut jalapenos in half and remove seeds; chop finely and add to bowl.
- Using a rasp, grate 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of lime rind and add to bowl. Squeeze lime and add 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the juice to bowl. Stir in cilantro and salt until combined.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Emily Richards.