- 10 plum tomatoes halved lengthwise
- 10 cloves garlic halved
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 20 oz mushrooms
- 3 tbsp basil pesto prepared
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 pkg penne whole wheat, hot cooked,
- 3 cups turkey chopped cooked breast
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped, fresh
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbled
- Toss the tomatoes with the garlic, onion, oil, salt and pepper.
- Insert a piece of garlic into the flesh of each tomato half. Transfer the tomatoes, cut side down, to a roasting pan. Scatter onions over top. Roast in 425ºF (220ºC) oven for 40 minutes or until softened.
- Remove the shrivelled skins from the tomatoes using a pair of tongs.
- Toss the mushrooms with pesto and vinegar; add to the roasting pan. Roast for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Break up the tomatoes and garlic into a slightly chunky sauce using the edge of a spoon. Add the pasta, turkey and parsley to the pan; toss with the vegetable mixture, scraping up any browned bits.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Tomato-Mushroom Pasta Bowl
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.