- 1 bunch Rapini ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil divided
- 4 slices Rustic Bread 1/2 inch thick
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Grape Tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese shaved
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Basil fresh, chopped
- In a pot of boiling water, blanch rapini for 4 minutes. Drain well and pat dry. Toss rapini with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the oil. Place on greased grill over medium high heat and grill, turning occasion-ally for about 6 minutes or until lightly charred. Remove to cutting board and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, grill bread for 3 minutes, turning once or until lightly crisp and grill marked. Chop rapini and bread into bite size pieces and spread onto platter. Toss with garlic and salt. Sprinkle with tomatoes and parmesan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining oil and vinegar. Drizzle over top of salad and sprinkle with basil to serve.
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Emily Richards