- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 cups Kale Leaves chopped
- 4 Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Fresh Oregano chopped
- 1/4 tsp Each Salt and Pepper
- Pinch Hot Pepper Flakes
- 8 oz Spaghetti
- 1 cup Fresh Italian Parsley Leaves
- 1/4 cup Fresh Grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- Pinch Fresh Ground Pepper
- In a food processor, pulse together parsley and Parmesan. Add oil and puree to combine. Stir in garlic and pepper; set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat oil over medium heat and cook onion and garlic for 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in kale and cook until wilted. Add tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes or until tomatoes are very soft.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for about 8 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain well reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the cooking water. Toss with sauce adding some of the water to moisten if necessary. Spoon Parsley Pesto over top to serve and stir in as you enjoy.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Emily Richards