- 4 Sweet Potatoes scrubbed
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 cups Red Swiss Chard chopped, (you can also use green or rainbow)
- 1/2 cup Green Beans chopped
- 1/2 cup Yellow Beans chopped
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp Salt divided
- 1/2 cup Chickpea Hummus divided
- Pinch Fresh Ground Pepper
- Place sweet potatoes in 400 F (200 C) oven for about 45 minutes or until tender; set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in nonstick skillet and cook garlic over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add Swiss chard and beans; saute for 4 minutes or until chard is wilted. Stir in hot pepper flakes, half of the salt; set aside.
- Make a slit in each sweet potato and gently scoop out some of the inside leaving a good 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick wall. Mash with a fork and stir in half of the hummus and remaining salt and pepper. Spoon back into sweet potatoes and top with greens and remaining hummus.
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Emily Richards