- 1 Sweet Potato chopped, (about 2 cups/500 mL)
- 4 oz Bittersweet Chocolate, (70%) finely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/3 cup Unsweetend Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Place sweet potato in microwaveable bowl with 1/4 cup (60 mL) of water. Cover and microwave on High for 5 minutes or until very tender. Drain water and mash. Whisk in chocolate until melted. Whisk in sugar and eggs, one at a time, olive oil and vanilla.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir into potato mixture until smooth. Spread into an 8-inch (1.5 L) parchment paper lined baking pan. Bake in preheated 350 F (180 C) oven for about 20 minutes or until tester inserted in centre comes out with a few moist crumbs. Let cool slightly before cutting into bars.
Tips & Notes
Tip: You will need 1 cup (250 mL) of mashed cooked sweet potato for the recipe Recipe developed by Emily Richards