- 4 Beets medium
- 2 Onions medium
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper large
- 1 Lemon medium
- 4 Cloves Garlic,
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 leaves Fresh Mint
- 3 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place beets into a pot and fill with water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes. Drain, cool, peel, and cut into cubes.
- Slice onions and bell pepper, and chop garlic and mint leaves while boiling the beets.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar and olive oil to make the dressing.
- Put all the ingredients into a large bowl, drizzle the dressing and mix them well.
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Half Your Plate On-Campus Ambassador Shanshan Gao (Ryerson University)