- Half small cabbage about 1 lb
- 2 carrots shredded
- 2 stalks celery finely diced
- Half red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp brown sugar packed
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp mustard dry
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- Pinch black pepper freshly, ground
- Cut cabbage into pieces that will fit into your food processor tube.
- While motor is running put cabbage pieces into food processor; chop cabbage to make about 1 L (4 cups). Scrape into large bowl. Add carrots, celery, red pepper and parsley.
- In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, sugar, garlic, mustard, celery seed and pepper. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
- Storage: cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Creamy variation: Stir in 1/4 cup light mayonnaise into the dressing and stir into slaw.
Estimated Cost Per Serving: