- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter unsalted
- 1 large Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Ginger minced
- 6 large Carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 Apple peeled, cored and chopped
- 5 cups Vegetable Broth reduced sodium
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add onions and soften for 3 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook for additional 2 mins.
- Add carrots, apples, and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer on medium heat for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Using a blender, purée until smooth. Add maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Half Your Plate RD Jennifer Ong Tone