- 1 1/3 cup Green Lentils
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 10 oz Medium Shrimp peeled
- 1 medium Onion
- 1/2 cup Celery chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 1/2 cup Carrot Chips pre sliced carrots or slice your own, boiled to tender crisp
- 4 Chorizo Sausage cooked and sliced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- 213 ml Tomato Sauce no salt added
- 1/2 cup Water
- Clean lentils by rinsing thoroughly and pick over if necessary. Place the lentils in 3 cups water and boil for 15-20 min. or until desired doneness, don’t let them get mushy, you want them still a bit crunchy. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, saute the onion, garlic, shrimp, and celery in the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat for 3 min. or until shrimp are cooked and onion is translucent. Add in the salt, pepper, pepper flakes and paprika. Stir well and cook for 1 min.
- Add in the carrots, sausage, cooked lentils, cooked sausage, Worcestershire, tomato sauce and water. Heat through and serve!
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Skillet Lentil Shrimp Jambalaya
% Daily Value*
*5% or less is a little, 15% or more is a lot
Tips & Notes
Recipe developed by Half Your Plate friend Tara Noland