- 8 cups Rutabaga cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Thyme fresh, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Each Salt and Pepper
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 2 tbsp Tahini Paste
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 4 tsp Water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper optional
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate Arils
- 2 tbsp Parsley fresh, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Toss together rutabaga, oil, garlic, thyme, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Arrange in single layer on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Roast rutabaga, turning occasionally, for 55 to 60 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Place tahini in small bowl; gradually whisk in lemon juice and water until smooth. Stir in oil, garlic, salt, cumin, and cayenne (if using).
- Arrange rutabaga on serving platter. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle pomegranate arils, hazelnuts and parsley over top. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Estimated Cost Per Serving:
Tips & Notes
Tips: Substitute pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds for hazelnuts, or omit them for a nut-free dish if desired. Substitute mint for parsley if desired. Add chickpeas; serve as a vegetarian main dish if desired. Recipe submitted by Half Your Plate Industry Partner BCFresh