- 1 medium Cauliflower
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Garlic crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (use the real stuff!)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a sheet pan with oiled parchment paper.
- Slice cauliflower into florets, steam for 10 minutes. Once cauliflower has cooled, place a few at a time in a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice. **
- Cool the cauliflower then wring it out in a cheesecloth or clean towel to remove as much water as you possibly can – this will help the crust stick together!
- Once you've removed as much water as you can, mix with cheeses, egg and seasoning. Mix until dough is formed then press onto the lined sheet pan. Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, add your toppings, then pop it back in for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly. Let it cool for 5 minutes before serving so that the crust can firm up.
Tips & Notes
Suggested toppings: fresh tomato sauce, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, mozzarella cheese, and ham are our favorites, but it’s your choice! If your dough seems a bit runny you can add either more parmesan cheese or a bit of flour. ** Check out this great how-to video to help: