- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups carrots peeled, chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 lb butternut squash peeled, cubed
- 1 apple Granny Smith, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth, no sodium added
- In large saucepan heat oil over medium heat; sweat carrots, onion, ginger and garlic, stirring, until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in squash, apple, lemon juice, salt and pepper; cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally until tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Puree using immersion blender or in batches with a blender.
Tips & Notes
Top with thinly sliced Granny Smith apple, sage leaves, shaved Parmesan cheese, grated carrot or a drizzle of olive oil.